IN 2010 my father, USAF veteran, and I started Support Our Troops Ornaments as a way of gifting my dad's veteran and active service friends, family members a holiday gift, and for raising money for VFW's, American Legions, and other Armed Froces day events.
Since then, like many other businesses, we stalled, grew a little, stalled some more and then went dark for a number of years while figuring out what to do next.
In 2018 my father passed away to cancer and to honor all of the veterans at his funeral, we printed these 'THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE' nightlights as an acknowledgement of the light that each friend and family member held for my father in his battle against cancer, and to acknowledge their service and Light in them as well.
Well, 300 nightlights later, shared from Southern California to the East Coast, we are doing a limited launch to start testing our systems, suppliers and delivery chain. We did learn that much from our original venture - TEST, REVIEW, REFINE, & REPEAT.
We are a small lean, mean and committed team. We are not a massive company that delivers in 2-days or less. We under-promise and over-deliver. And we gaurantee all of our products or we will refund or replace*.
So what to expect of us for this limited launch:
1. We are only printing 400 nightlights for the 4th of July limited launch.
2. We will begin shipping on TUESDAY the 13th and complete shipping all orders by FRIDAY the 16th. We have partnered with the U.S. Postal Service for delivery in 4-5 days.
3. We will provide updates via email and our Support Our Troops Ornaments Facebook page - from the first 100 printed, to the last nightlight out the door, you will know what's happening and when to expect your nightlights.
When we first started we used a veterans workforce program to help us fulfill our ornament orders. Now, as we grow and level up our systems and processes, and expand our products and partners we'd like to:
1. Use veteran workforce agencies again.
2. Continue to donate these 'THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE' nightlights to VA hospitals or other care-giving organizations that provide comfort and support to our aging and twilight-entering veterans. (Our nightlights have been bedside to over 175 veterans who entered their eternal watch. We made sure there was always a light being held for them.)
3. To be able to reach a point where we can support other veteran organizations to use these as their own fundraising pieces.
And we cannot do that without you supporting us with this limited launch.
And, to show you how much we appreciate your support, we are thanking you
1. FREE SHIPPING - ALWAYS. yes, on all single unit orders, we cover the postage.
2. A free nightlight for every 2 you purchase together, the 3rd light is on us. All we ask is you pay the additional $4 for the 4th shipping.
Take the first step, send us a message, and we will get back to you soon.